Before making a repair request, read through the information on this page.
If the Sink Disposal doesn't work, there are few things we need to know:
(NEVER PUT YOUR HAND IN THE DISPOSAL)
When you turn it on, does it hum?
- If so, likely something is jammed in it. Unplug the disposal. Look in there, do you see something obvious? If so, use tongs to remove the item.
- If you removed the item, and it is still jammed OR if nothing was in there .... get an allen wrench (look on the bottom of the disposal), using the allen wrench, gently move the mechanism back and forth until it is freed.
- If you still can't get it, submit a work order
- There is a rest button on the bottom, Push the reset and try again.
- Reset button didn't work. Check the breaker panel.
- Still Doesn't Work?? Submit a work order.
Sink Disposal Maintenance (Yeah, who knew??)
- Once a month, turn the water on and the disposal. Let it run for 30-60 seconds.
- Put a large glass worth of ICE in there, and with the water running, turn the disposal on. This 'cleans it out'. Run it until it sounds smooth again.
- Run some lemon skins through it. This will help kill any smells.
If your toilet has clogged, you can generally use a plunger to push anything stuck in the system through the pipes. Please attempt to troubleshoot in this way before getting in touch with us.
If your sink or bathtub clogs, there is likely debris blocking the pipe. You may be able to use a plunger to clear the system, but you can also try noncorrosive drain cleaners.
If you lose partial power in your rental property, check the breaker panel. Look for one that is off, partially out of position. Turn it all the way off and then on again.
If power is off in the whole house, call the electric company first to check for outages.
If the hot water is completely out, determine if your water heater is GAS or Electric.
GAS Water Heaters
Is the pilot light on? If not, relight the pilot light. If you cannot light the pilot light, call the gas company to see if they offer pilot light re-lighting in your area.
If the pilot light is going out on a regular basis, submit a work order.
ELECTRIC Water Heaters
Check the Breaker Panel.
If this doesn't fix the issue, submit a work order.
Furnace or air conditioning problems? Check the central thermostat in your home and verify that all settings are correct before making a maintenance request.
If your thermostat is not working, check to see if it requires batteries. Batteries may be dead.
In a maintenance emergency, call us for immediate assistance.
If your garage door suddenly stops working, it could be a simple fix.
- Verify the house has electrical power (check lights Inside the house)
- If power is on, check your GFCI outlet in the garage. It is similar to the one you see in the kitchen with a reset button on it. Push the RESET BUTTON
- If the GFCI didn't fix it, check the breaker panel. Find the one labeled for garage outlets, flip the breaker off then on again.
Still having problems? Make a repair request now.
Log in Now
Sign into the tenant portal to make a repair request. We'll respond as quickly as possible.
New to Bluefax?
If you're a new tenant and need assistance, call us: (210) 695-8252